Survivors have spoken of their joy after the 92 victims of a Nazi bombing bid to wipe out shipbuilding on the River Clyde were finally recognised - after 71 years.
On May 6, 1941, 92 of the 98 people at Woodside First Aid Post in Paisley, Renfrewshire, were killed when a Luftwaffe bomber, returning from a bombing mission over nearby Greenock in Inverclyde, dropped its final two parachute bombs.
Hitler's air force had targeted the shipbuilding industry in west coast Scottish locations like Greenock and Govan, in Glasgow, because it had been so vital to the allied war effort.
When the Heinkel-111 dropped its deadly early morning payload, one hit a tenement building and the other landed directly on the first aid post.
Last week, a memorial listing the names of those emergency medics, volunteers and casualties who perished at the first aid post was unveiled at nearby Woodside Crematorium - yards from the bombing site - exactly 71 years later, on May 6.
One survivor of the horrific bombing, 98-year-old Jenny Enterkin, travelled from her home in Edinburgh to attend the poignant service led by retired Reverend George Prentice.
Ms Enterkin said: "I was 27 at the time of the bombing and I was helping out the doctors at the first aid post.
"When they had examined the patients, I'd make notes about their condition and what they needed when they got to hospital. I had to make sure the doctors' notes were attached to the patient.
"Just before the bombs fell that day, I was stood saying a wee prayer to myself that I'd do the right thing when it started happening for real and the blood started appearing.
"Then I was knocked unconscious by it and spent three weeks unconscious and six months in a military hospital."
Ms Enterkin, who moved to Edinburgh and had two children after WW2, added: "I thought the memorial was wonderful and I'm so happy that we have something so visible to remember what happened."
Historian Jim Smith was the driving force behind the memorial and approached Woodside Crematorium who agreed to house the monument in their grounds and pay all costs involved.
Mr Smith said: "Last year I realised there was no proper memorial for the people who lost their lives.
"I spoke to Frank McFadyen at Woodside Crematorium about putting up the monument in their grounds. He spoke to his board and they agreed and offered to pay for it all. It's a very, very generous gesture.
"I felt the council let (the victims' families) down. There is a memorial plaque at the cenotaph and Hawkhead Cemetery but nothing that lists the names of these victims.
"These people deserve as much recognition as any other of our war dead. The faces of the friends and family there really brought it all home."
After the memorial was blessed by Rev Prentice, victims' families and friends laid wreaths and paid their own emotional tributes to those killed.
Frank McFadyen, registrar at Woodside Crematorium, said: "Creating a memorial for the Woodside bombing is something that we've been thinking about here and planning to do for the last 20 years.
"Several things have held it back and we were delighted that it came together now. The first aid post was only about 200 yards over our boundary wall on William Street.
"So, because this disaster happened so close to us, we were keen to mark it and that's why we put up the money.
"Of the 98 people who were at the post, only six survived and I had known one of those killed, Hugh Goudie, who was a funeral director.
"So it was nice to honour these people and finally see their names in stone individually."
Woodside First Aid Post was set up in the grounds of Woodside House - a mansion built for Sir Peter Coats by Charles Wilson in 1852 - after the handicapped children who occupied the house were evacuated during WW2.
Mr Smith is now campaigning to have the memorial, comprising of a cairn and plaque, recognised as an official war memorial.
He said: "By all rights, this is a war memorial and it deserves to be recognised as such."